Restore your happiness with Gambhir Cosmetic MedicineView Calendar
Please follow these instructions after your Chemical Peel. If you have any questions, please call our office at 610-518-7546.
People who have had a history of hyperpigmentation, or are of Mediterranean, African, Asian or Hispanic descent should discuss the use of Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Cream before and after the procedure with your provider.
Info about sun exposure with a chemical peel
- Before your peel, we want you at your lightest skin color. We do not want you tanning or using artificial tanners.
- Stay out of direct sunlight until skin is completely healed.
- If you are planning to vacation somewhere sunny shortly after your peel, wait to schedule your chemical peel.
A peel should not be done if you have any of the following issues:
- Use of accutane within the past 6 months
- Active herpes simplex (cold sores)
- Facial warts
- Current pregnancy
- History of keloid or hypertrophic scars
- History of sun allergies
- Prior reaction to a peel
- Recent radiation treatment for cancer
- Sunburn or significant sun exposure in the last 7 days
- Surgery or cryosurgery within the last month to the treatment area
When preparing for your peel, be sure to:
- Stop use of Retin-A and all exfoliating products two (2) weeks prior to peel.
- Stop any form of hair removal three (3) days prior to your peel.
- If instructed, use Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Cream two (2) weeks before and two (2) weeks after your peel.
Please follow this post-treatment guide:
- Remove the peel at the time instructed after in-office application.
- Moisturize the treated area intensively until dryness is gone.
- Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher every day over moisturizer.
- Cortisone OTC can be used 7 days after to minimize redness.
- Stay out of direct sunlight until the skin is completely healed.
- Do not peel, pick, scrape or scratch the skin to avoid scarring.
- Avoid the use of abrasive or exfoliation sponges and scrubs.
- Use a gentle cleanser without any acids to cleanse the skin.
- Dark spots can appear darker during the peeling process.
- Inform the office if you have any persistent redness or brown discoloration three weeks (21 days) after the peel.
- Do not use Retin-A for one month after your peel.
- Do not have laser hair removal in the treated area for at least one month (30 days) after the peel.
- Do not wax or pluck the treated area for two weeks (14 days).
- If instructed, use Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Cream for two weeks after your peel.
- You may start wearing make up the day after your peel if there is no crusting or tenderness.